Monday, August 11, 2014

Going for the gold!

One challenge with collecting cards and living in Canada is shipping. It doesn't take much to find a card -- or cards -- on eBay that I'd love to add to my collection. But shipping can be a killer. I can't stand the idea of paying fifty cents for a card and then having to drop seven bucks to ship it!

But every once in a while, luck strikes. I find a seller that has a bunch of what I'm looking for and is willing to combine -- or better yet cap -- shipping at some fixed amount. Better still is when that seller is located in Canada making shipping cheaper AND leaving a border-crossing out of the equation.

That's exactly what happened a week or so ago. I found a bunch of 1994 Collector's Choice Jays cards on eBay from one seller with very reasonable shipping rates. So I scooped up about 10 different auctions -- all at the opening bid -- and knocked 9 golds and the last 6 silvers off of my list. They just arrived today, so add this to the fact that the Jays won that 19-inning marathon yesterday, and suffice it to say that I'm a happy fella! Here's hoping I didn't just jinx the Seattle series that starts tonight.

Anyway, off to binder these. My silver signature team set is now complete and my Gold set is down to needing just 13 cards!

Thanks for reading!

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment