Sunday, October 12, 2014

Do you collect Delgado, Halladay, Wells or Green?

If you look at my wantlist, you'll see that I'm about 86% complete on my 1977-1994 Jays wantlist. I have added tabs for a few post 1994 years, but I'm struggling. My active collecting days basically stopped in 1994, and everything after that is very foreign to me. I didn't watch as much baseball from about 1994-2002, so I recognize the players and all that, but the cards themselves just don't resonate with me the same as, well, junk wax, I guess.

Anyway, I'm kicking around the idea of venturing into the post-1994 era by way of player collecting. I have been considering this for a while -- and I just don't see myself venturing too far from the Blue Jays. So I think I'm going to start a Joe Carter player collection.

Yesterday I went through my boxes of Jays doubles, non-Jays and just general cardboard choas in search of Joe Carter cards. I found a few. But what really surprised me was the number of Carlos Delgado, Roy Halladay, Vernon Wells and Shawn Green cards I found. It's all base stuff and parallels from 1994-2005 or so (though I do have a Halladay GU I'd part with).

So the question is simple. Do you collect any of those dudes? And if you do, do you have any Joe Carter cards you'd consider letting go in exchange for Delgado, Halladay, Wells or Green?

Richard.

1 comment: