Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I'm one step closer to winning $1,000,000!

If you look at when my last blog post was you'll quickly see that I've been neglecting this thing. This isn't to say I haven't been around, or that I'm not actively collecting, as I am, and I have been. I've been spending a lot of time organizing my collection and that hardly seems worth blogging about. In the time that's past since my last post, I have started to load my collection (wantlist and tradelist specifically) into Zistle and execute a few trades. It's a pretty slick site. My wantlist is current on there, but I have hours of work ahead of me loading my tradelist in.

But I digress.

The purpose of my post today is to send a shout out to Kevin over at thecardpapoy.blogspot.ca. Not only does he do a hell of a job with his blog (seriously entertaining stuff!). Months ago I mentioned to Kevin that I was pondering starting a Joe Carter player collection and he didn't forget. Though I haven't officially announced it, I have started that collection and today I arrived home to find an out-of-the-blue package in the mailbox chock full with awesome Joe Carter cards! This number is so low it's almost embarrassing, but Kevin's kindness puts me at 222 different Joe Carter cards.

It also put me one step closer to winning a $1,000,000:

I'm lazy.
Okay, that was weak. But weak is what this blog is all about, otherwise I'd post more frequently, with better content and would actually dedicate time to providing my own scans.

Instead, I pull other people's scans from Google Images that are close enough to the ones I'm talking about.

The 1997/98 Fleer Million Dollar Moments set was one of about two dozen different Joe Carter cards that Kevin sent me and it is hugely appreciated. My wife couldn't comprehend a random envelope of cards showing up all the way from Europe. "It's nice, it just seems weird." Roll with it hon, I am a grown man that collects baseball cards. We lost sight of normal years ago ;) What I didn't know until I went fishing for that scan is that there is also a version of this card with the caption 'This is not an official game card'. Interesting.

Anyway, Kevin, thanks a million! Sweet enough that this is a 4-day week because of a stat holiday yesterday, but to find unsolicited cards in the mailbox to boot is even better!

Thanks for reading!

Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment