Monday, May 4, 2015

3 countries, 10 pounds and 2200 cards later...

...and I've finally hit the half-way mark in my goal to purge 5,000 cards from my collection.

I just got back from the post office, and while the damage was no where near what the blogosphere's beloved Junior Junkie did back in March, I feel pretty good about this one.

Going by the post office weight, which obviously includes the packaging, I just dropped 9.9704 pounds (4.532 kilograms, because I'm sure you were wondering what it worked out to in kilograms) of cards in the mail. If my tally was right as I was sorting them, it's a hair over 2200 cards, bringing the total purge count to a nice even 2500 cards.

The only crappy part about all of this is that I had actually set all the cards on my scale (not some fancy postal scale, the kind of scale that confirms suspicions about the effects of not regularly attending the gym) so I could take a picture just for this post and then I couldn't find my camera. Yeah, I know, weak.

Anyway, if you are a known Blue Jays collector, and you think I have your address, watch your mailbox. A few of you are about to get hit.

And if you feel left out, hit me up. It's easy to get involved. If you want some cards, and I have some cards you want, you get some cards. If you have a wantlist, let me know. If you want a random stack of Jays cards for future trade bait, let me know. If you are still trying to complete 1986 Topps or 1990 Fleer then DEFINITELY let me know. That's it. I'm asking nothing in return. I mean, if you have some Joe Carter cards that I need, I'll accept 'em, don't get me wrong, but by no means is that a prerequisite to getting cards. I just need to know that I've got something you want. Seriously.

Thanks for reading.

Richard.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be very interested in getting some Jays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be very interested in getting some to you ... email me through the contact form bottom right on this page so that I can get your email address and we can continue this conversation.

    Cheers,

    Richard.

    ReplyDelete